Among the scholarship funds at the University of the Sacred Heart (USC) is the Grillo Marxuach Family Scholarship. This fund was established in 2015, on the initiative of the Grillo-Marxuach Family, represented by Dr. Antonio J. Grillo López and his wife, María S. Marxuach Grillo. The fund is intended to contribute to the community by providing financial assistance to young university students who have an educational and community commitment. The Grillo-Marxuach family wants to support young people to achieve academic and personal success.
Grillo Marxuach Family Scholarship
The Grillo Marxuach Family Scholarship was created in 2015 by the family that bears his name, to provide financial assistance to full-time enrolled students at Universidad del Sagrado Corazón. Students will be able to submit a video application to compete for a scholarship that grants $5,000 for tuition payment, fees, books, materials and a monthly stipend.
Academic requirements are:
- Being enrolled full-time (12 credits or more)
- Have a cumulative average (GPA) of 3.30 or higher as of May 2018. New-entry students must be admitted with the same average requirement
- Certificate that you are a U.S. citizen or have permanent residency issued by the U.S. Department of Immigration
- Not holding a disciplinary record at the University of the Sacred Heart
- Have a family contribution (EFC) of 500 or less in your financial needs analysis (FAFSA)
Application requirements are:
- Maximum 500-word essay indicating why you are the best candidate to receive the scholarship, exposing your leadership qualities, academic skills and economic need.
- Video of 2 minutes maximum on why you should be worthy of this scholarship and show your social work (participation of activities or community service). The video must be uploaded to YouTube and the request must include the video link. Please check the Video MakingGuide.
- Three letters of recommendation from people in your community such as a teacher, spiritual counselor, or community leaders, among others.
- Two photos 2 x 2.
- Complete the authorization of FERPALaw.
- Evidence of American Citizenship (birth certificate or copy of passport).
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Renewal of the scholarship:
Because financial needs and academic performance may vary each year, students who receive the scholarship will have to apply for renewal at the end of the academic year.
The following criteria shall be assessed:
- Continue your full-time studies (12 credits or more)
- Maintain a cumulative average of 3.30 or higher (to be evaluated at the end of the semester)
- Approve 90 of the courses enrolled (to be evaluated at the end of the semester)
Any student who meets the requirements of the scholarship must submit their application and the required annexes (in PDF format) on or before 4:00 p.m. on August 20 through the application on this page. Selected students will be notified on or before August 31.
Students who are unable to submit the required documents by electronic format must submit them to the University Relations and Development unit of the University of the Sacred Heart on or before 4:00 p.m. on August 20.
APPLICATION GRILLO-MARXUACH SCHOLARSHIP
To apply, complete all fields and submit the following request. You can fill it out or save the progress and finish later if you need to collect the materials, but be sure to save the link by pressing the "SAVE AND FINISH THEN" button. We also recommend that you write the essay and save it to a text editor so that you can paste it into the required field when filling out the application.