Innovation and entrepreneurship are competences that every student must develop, regardless of their area of expertise. In Sagrado we have the staff and resources so that students can experience all stages of the entrepreneurship process and participate in initiatives that expose them to the innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem.
Likewise, close collaboration is maintained with the surrounding community, industries and support entities in order to strengthen the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Puerto Rico.
- Professors are trained in the different areas within entrepreneurship
- Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Finance Management Workshops for first semester students
- Mentoring for students that participate in entrepreneurship competitions
- Social Entrepreneurship Certificate from the Angel Ramos Foundation
- Entrepreneurship integration support to different academic programs
- University of Sagrado Corazón professors have served as resources in training professors and school teachers
- Formation of the ENACTUS team
Our student, Naiby Andrillón, was the winner of the University Challenge competition sponsored by the United Retailers Association (CUD). His idea was chosen from a group of ideas by University of Sagrado Corazón students, and received support and mentoring from various University resources led by the Center for Collaborative Innovation – Neeuko. The student received a $5,000 prize that will be used in the development of his business proposal.