Title IX - Sexual assault support and resources
This federal law provides protection to students victims of harassment, sexual harassment and sexual assault on or off campus, in any academic, educational, extracurricular and athletic activity supported by the institution.
- Compliance with Title IX is a requirement for educational institutions that receive federal funding.
- Educational programs must be developed in compliance with Title IX.
- Educational programs have to be developed in accordance with Title IX.
- Take necessary measures to avoid the discrimination and its consequences.
- The Institution have to enact procedures to suit any complaint.
- All higher education institution that benefits from federal funds must have a Title IX Coordinator.
Responsibilities of Title IX Coordinator:
- Ensures that appropriate policies and procedures are in place and training for students, faculty, and staff.
- Universidad del Sagrado Corazón is responsible for conducting adequate, impartial investigations of reports and complaints of sexual misconduct. Title IX coordinator evaluates requests for confidentiality and to provide a safe and nondiscriminatory environment for all students.
- Conducts Orientation Workshops and disseminates Title IX information to raise awareness and educate the university community in order to prevent and eradicate sexual violence on campus.
- Review institutional policies and ensure compliance with the Institution's provisions.
The student will contact the Coordinator or authorized personnel to:
- Report possible issues related to Title IX
- Make a formal complaint of the incident
- Right to information on policies and procedures
- Access to information on actions and resolution of disputes about sexual discrimination or inappropriate conduct.
Course of Action:
Once a student or employee who is aware of a possible sexual harassment act committed against a student, it is your responsibility to inform the Title IX Coordinator.
- The Coordinator will investigate the incident and take the necessary measures to provide security to the VIC
- It will Implement reasonable measures to put an end to the situation, eliminate a hostile environment and prevent harassment from reproducing.
Title IX Team:
Title IX Coordinator and Investigator:
Integrated Assistance Supervisor
Tel. 787.728.1515, ext. 5004
Blanca E. Rivera Alicea, PhD
Director of Compliance, and Licensing and Institutional Accreditations
Tel 787.728.1515 ext. 5457
Sara E. Tolosa Ramirez
Vice President of Development and University Relations
Tel. 787.728.1515, ext. 5447
Senior Manager of the Professional Experience Center
Tel. 728.1515, ext. 5331
Edwin A. Figueroa Narvaez
Centro Sofía Senior Manager
Tel. 787.728.1515, ext. 5170
Informal Process Resolution Facilitator:
Pedro Fraile Romeu, PhD
Enrollment Advisor, Academic and Student Affairs
Tel. 787.728.1515, ext. 5415
Policies and procedures Títle IX
All information relevant to Title IX will also be available through mi.sagrado.edu.
In compliance with the amendment to the Title of the United States Education Act.